The Ford Britain Trust's large and small grants programmes are currently open for applications. Through the large grants programme registered charities, Schools/PTAs (Non-fee paying, state sector schools only) and non-profit organisations can apply for grants of between £250 and £3,000 and for grants of up to £250 through the small grants programme.
Projects must meet the following criteria
- Benefit the local community/environment;
- Work with young people/children;
- Promote education/schools (mainstream) as well as special school
- Promotes the teaching of Engineering
- Support special educational needs and people with disabilities.
Grant applications will be considered for projects being undertaken/expenditure being made in all UK postcodes however locations near Ford Motor Company Limited / FCE Bank plc UK operations are given a higher weighting.
- Essex (including East London)
- Bridgend (South Wales)
Exceptions may be made for initiatives in which Ford Motor Company Limited employees and retirees are involved. Grants made by the Trust are usually one-off donations for a specific capital project or part of a project, typically items of furniture and equipment.
The small grants programme will open for applications from the 1st April 20021 to the 30th June 2021. For applications to the large grants programme the closing date is the 31st July 2021.